Sunday, February 5, 2017

Snowed In -- Again!

The alarm went off early. We looked outside to see more snow! Checking with the Grant County Sheriff's Department made it pretty clear we weren't going to church this morning. So it was back to bed.

It snowed all day long. Sometimes hard, sometimes softly, but always steadily. At first it was warm enough - 35 degrees - that it didn't stick. But as the day went on, it got colder and it started to pile up. It looks like we got at least another three inches. I only went out once to feed the quail, but it was so terribly slick, I ended up just scattering what wheat I could while standing on the step.

We did watch the Super Bowl this afternoon. Or I should say that I watched the commercials. I liked the tone of many of them this year. Considering the lead time for the making of most of them, it's amazing how appropro many of them were to today's news.

It stopped snowing about six o'clock this evening, but the forecast is talking about more during the night. I wonder how long it's going to be before they get the roads cleared enough for us to get to town again?

No comments:

Post a Comment