Thursday, February 2, 2017

Mystery Solved

Well, the mystery is solved - and it's sad. Seems our neighbor had a heart attack. His wife found him down in their shop. The park manager started CPR which was continued by the ambulance crew to no avail. One of the many vehicles which came was the coroner. One of the ambulances took the wife to the hospital as she evidently was quite distraught.

It was interesting to hear the ladies at the coffee klatch this morning. I think most of them were thinking how it could have been their spouse. No one seemed to want to leave. I think they were all finding comfort just being together.

Back home, I did a couple more loads of laundry while Forry went out and drained the tanks. There were a couple of hawks hanging around in the trees, so there was very little activity around the feeder today. The few birds that were around were extremely jumpy.

I grilled some lamb chops and we had an early dinner so that I could head into town where I joined Cleon for a ride out to Menno. Tonight was my first meeting with the Board of Deacons. I must say, it was interesting. (And yes, I keep saying that someday I am going to write a book about people's definitions of "interesting." As well as one about definitions of "fun.")

No comments:

Post a Comment