Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Rainy Day

It may have rained earlier in the night. If so, I didn't hear it. But when it started raining just after five am, the sound on the roof definitely woke me up. It was quite cold, so when I looked out the window, I could see ice on the car and the little tree. The forecast had said there would be freezing rain during the night...

It rained almost all day. I went out for a bit to fill the bird feeder and scatter wheat for the quail. I got quite wet. It was coming down steadily, but not very hard. The temperature came up a bit above freezing, but not enough to melt the ice that was hanging from the trees from the morning's freeze.

Sunday's speaker had called me back last night with his scripture choice, so I was able to put the bulletin together for Sunday morning (except for the hymns). I emailed it to the secretary so she can get it printed tomorrow. So I checked that task off my to-do list. Next I went on-line and submitted a "Pastor Wanted" ad to the Classified Ad section of The Mennonite. One more task checked off.

I went back on-line to our credit union and got three more more months of bank statements put into Quicken. That pretty much took the rest of my day. In between I got a couple of loads of clothes washed as well as yesterday's dishes. Forry went out in the rain to take the garbage over to the cans and check the mail. A day late, but his Valentine card and licorice showed up.

Tonight's Bible Study was cancelled as everyone was concerned about how slick the roads were going to be with the freezing rain. Many kids were out of school again today - some went late and went home early while other schools didn't have school at all. It's been a heck of a winter. And it looks like it's not over yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment