Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Off to Chicago

Two flights today. The first one from Spokane to Salt Lake City, the second from SLC to Chicago. The Mennonite Church Executive Board meeting doesn't start until tomorrow afternoon, but you can't  get here from the West Coast by noon, so I had to come today.

I went through the TSA fast access line this morning. That is really nice. No shoes come off and the iPad didn't have to come out of the bag. I did set the machine off  with my knees, went through the scanner and had the quickest pat- down ever.

The flight to SLC was nice and boring - only had time for one cup of coffee. I didn't have a lot of time before my next flight. I had just gotten downstairs and to the gate when I got a call from Delta saying the flight was delayed. A few minutes later the fellow at the desk announced that Air Traffic Control in Chicago was holding incoming flights due to thunderstorms in the area.

We ended up leaving an hour late. My friend Tina, coming in from Denver, was delayed as well. We met up at the shuttle stop and took the shuttle to the hotel. By then it was after ten. Fortunately, the hotel restaurant was open until midnight so we were able to get some dinner as neither of us had eaten.

We be able to sleep in tomorrow as our meeting doesn't start until one.

No comments:

Post a Comment