Monday, December 26, 2016

Cleaning

We packed up the little Christmas tree, the stockings and the rest of the Christmas decorations. That's one thing about living in a tiny space - clutter is not good. Putting the Christmas box away in its basement bay was a very good feeling! It's always fun to decorate, but even nicer to put it all away.

With everything cleared away, it was time to vacuum. Not that it needed it or anything like that!

The quail have discovered the wheat! Brother Pat had brought me over two five gallon buckets of wheat bits. I had scattered some over the patio area, but it hadn't been touched. Yesterday, when I went out to fill the bird feeder, I noticed the wheat was gone. So I scattered some more. It was still there this morning, but long about dusk, here came the quail! There were twenty to thirty of them, pecking up the wheat I had scattered and cleaning up the seed that had fallen from the feeder.

They are such fun to watch! They are pretty flighty, the slightest noise sends them flying off to the nearest bush. They are very thorough, searching the area to make sure they haven't left a single kernel behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment