Saturday, December 31, 2016

Football and ?

Forrest was already watching television when I came out this morning. He was trying to make sure he could find the University of Washington/Alabama game. I think coverage for it on ESPN started at least three hours ahead of time! Unfortunately, as nearly all the prognosticators had predicted, UW lost their game. I guess it's pretty impressive they made it to the semi-finals and should be given credit for that. I think Forry spent the entire day watching one college football game after another.

Even though the indicator above the front dash shows five bars or full, we ran out of propane yesterday. Instead of small tanks, we have a large tank towards the front of the rig, that runs horizontally across and underneath the chassis. Since the only thing we use propane for are the surface burners on the stove, it lasts a l-o-n-g time. I think we last topped it off over two years ago when we were at Uhlmann's in Chehalis. We have noticed a propane supply truck in the park a time or two, but haven't paid much attention to it. We'll have to chat with the park manager Louie on Monday to find out who to contact about getting a fill-up. In the meantime, I'll have to pay attention to what I can plan for suppers that doesn't require the stovetop.

There was a low overcast sky all day today. It felt like it might snow, but so far we haven't seen any. Although it's being forecast for tonight or tomorrow. It started getting colder the minute the sun went down. I sure hope it doesn't get as cold as they are forecasting. The quail were a little braver today. They showed up about three o'clock and I actually got a few pictures (see my Facebook page). It's sort of funny that they do not go and pick up any of the wheat towards the back between the RV and the shed. Maybe they don't see a quick escape route? It'll be interesting to see if they'll go into that area as they begin to feel more comfortable.


No comments:

Post a Comment