Thursday, September 8, 2016

Ladies' Day

I had to leave here by 8 this morning in order to get over to Menno in time for the Women in Mission meeting. I'm not often in the area when one of the monthly meetings is scheduled, so it was a treat to be able to go. I spent most of the morning helping Elizabeth and Betty hang up newly arrived quilts so that they could be measured and photographed and the pictures put up on the website for the MCA sale the first of October. Some of the quilts came from Abbotsford BC, that Katherine had picked up last week when she went to get the maple syrup for the sale.

We left one of the quilts up in the front of the sanctuary and hung a wall hanging on the side wall for folks to enjoy Sunday morning. I always love seeing the variety of quilts that show up for the sale.

Women were busy at various projects all morning until we gathered for lunch and a devotional led by Sharon. There was a nice group of ladies gathered, but it was sort of bittersweet as I remembered earlier meetings I attended (Way back before I started working.) when my dear friends Phyllis and Clara were in charge.

I made a stop in Moses Lake on my way home and picked up a few groceries. Seems like we are always in need of food. When I got home, I was pleased to hear that Chris Conners of C&C RV had been out earlier and will be ordering a new inverter and new batteries for the rig. Maybe by next week we'll be fully functional again?


No comments:

Post a Comment