Monday, September 26, 2016

Resting

We literally did nothing today but relax and enjoy life. It was quite warm - in the nineties again. I read this morning that this kind of early Fall warmth is called Old Women's Summer in some European countries. We've always called it Indian Summer, those late warm days before the cold moves in to stay.

The most ambitious thing I did all day was to grill some bacon for BLTs for supper. I got some gorgeous juicy red tomatoes at Tonnemaker's Fruit Stand on Saturday that were just begging for a chance to complement some bacon and lettuce. I don't like mayo in sandwiches (it belongs in salads), so I make them with butter, just the way I like them.

We watched the debate tonight, watching fact checking on the TV as well as on Facebook and Twitter...

No comments:

Post a Comment