Friday, September 9, 2016

Unpacking..

I spent a good share of the morning taking tags and labels off the stuff we bought on Labor Day. Forry's socks alone had three different tags on each pair! Then while I was putting things away, I went through the closet and put things we no longer wear in the bag for donation along with the old towels.

There are two sets of washers and dryers over in the Clubhouse. I took our quilted bed spread, the blanket and the two bigger rugs over there to wash them. They charge $1.00 to wash a load and the same to dry. I had timed it just right as one of the ladies was just taking her laundry out to her car when I drove up. It took about an hour and a half, but I had taken my Kindle, so I could sit and read the papers.

After I got home, Forry and I drove over to Tonnemaker's Fruit Stand. We got a couple more of those luscious little yellow watermelons, some red Bartlett pears and some plums along with the usual tomatoes. We passed two semis loaded with yellow onions heading out of the fields. It's hard to imagine how many onions are in one semi load.

As long as I had clean top bedding, I went ahead and washed the sheets. At least I can do that in my little Splendide washer/dryer here at home. Now, I still need to go and make the bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment